Front End Developer |Digital UX/UI Designer –Internship
We are looking for talented front-end development Interns to join our rapidly growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work cross functionally with the Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing & Sales teams. The Front End Developer |Digital UX/UI Designer Intern will be responsible for designing compelling and user-friendly interfaces for TouchLogic digital products &services.
This position is unpaid (TTC or Presto Monthly Pass provided) & suitable for new graduates looking to gain experience and build their resume. You can also work from home a couple of days in the week. After successful completion of the 3-month internship, you may be considered for a full-time opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve user experience by simplifying and refining user interface
- Create technically feasible UX and UI design portal for different solutions
- Improve ways of user experience and overall design
- Build elegant and intuitive user interfaces for (Clients or Corporate Stakeholders)
- Develop user-facing features and build responsive and mobile friendly websites or portals
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Perform all assigned project tasks to execute Statement of Work (SOW)
- Participate in coordination meetings as required and directed by the Team/Project Leader
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with designing and building scalable and usable web based applications using Responsive Design
- Understanding front-end optimization, reduction of page sizes,improvement of page rendering, and mobile caveats
- Experience with cross-browser design (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Knowledge of MVC design pattern and MVC frameworks
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills and strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail and quality of work
- Basic knowledge with GIT or other version control programs is a plus
- Hands on experience with PHP, WordPress
- Strong knowledge with .NET, C#, Visual Studio is a plus
- Degree or diploma in UX Design or New Media, Interactive media,Computer Science or significant real-world experience
About The Company
Established in 1994, TouchLogic is a leading North American provider of automated customer communications. TouchLogic manages and develops hosted messaging solutions that focus on helping our clients run effective multi-channel communication programs throughout the customer lifecycle.Some of North America’s largest Telecommunications, Utilities, Banks, & Insurance companies use TouchLogic’s services to drive customer engagement, deliver critical notifications and reduce customer churn.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
To apply for this position, please include your resume and a link to view
your portfolio online with your response.
***Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume.***